Meet Justin Garcia, Office Manager in our AdColony New York Office! Justin’s main goal is to make everyone feel welcomed and comfortable in the office, whether that’s organizing meeting rooms or stocking up the kitchen with snacks. He comes with lots of customer service experience and loves working with computers and technology, making AdColony the perfect fit! During his free time, Justin loves to play his PlayStation 4 and hang out with friends! Justin, you’re under the spotlight for this week’s AdColonized!
– What exactly does an Office Manager do at AdColony? What’s an average day like for you?
– I handle the day-to-day needs of the office and our team. On a typical day, I make sure everything is in its proper place. From the chairs in our meeting rooms to the food in the fridge, I make sure everything is easily accessible to all of our team and guests. I also handle the odd jobs here and there and I’m always happy to do so! I like to hear the needs from my team to make sure that everyone is happy with how everything is and can feel comfortable being in the office.
– Tell us a little about your experiences prior to joining AdColony & how they have prepared you for your role here.
– Well, I hail from a customer service background and lots of various office positions. Being in that type of field and multiple environments, I have learned a lot of skills that allow me to be adaptable in any given situation whether fast paced or a bit more lax, including learning new database systems, programs, hands-on projects and always keeping a friendly but professional attitude.
– What made AdColony the right fit for you?
– I love computers and technology. That means everything that involves technology from the inner workings of its hardware to the complex or user friendly aspects of it’s software and OS. That being said, AdColony is an amazing and impressive company with all of its content, its many partners, and the awesome team I work with. I love being here and hope to be here to watch it continue grow and evolve!
– How do you keep growing & learning in what you do?
– We all learn something new every day, just as something new can happen on any day (whether it is a positive or negative thing). I like to take everything in consideration and find the best solution to any and all problems that best fits the situation and all involved as well as learn and accept anything new that many can benefit from. I believe it’s how we handle these cases that let us grow in our positions and learn as we keep moving forward. I plan on doing exactly that for whatever comes my way.
– What are your hobbies or activities that you look forward to doing on the weekends or after work?
– I am a gamer, so I like to play video games and hang out with old friends as well as make new ones. I play all consoles but I spend most of my time on Playstation 4. When I’m not playing video games, I like to go out and explore new areas and learn of any upcoming events to make plans for!
– Which app is keeping you engaged lately? Why?
– YouTube, if I had to pick. Lots of content on specific topics as well as lots of variety. Definitely makes the time go by.
– What’s one thing not many people know about you that you’re willing to share?
– I’m not sure, when you meet and get to know me, you pretty much know the way I am.
– Do you have a nickname at work? If so, is there a story behind it?
– What is your favorite moment you’ve had with the AdColony team so far?
The welcoming I had on my first official day here, I felt so welcomed by the team that I knew this was the place to be. I’m hoping to have many more memorable moments as the time com.
Posted by: Sarin